Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Prodigy, when are you going to jail again?



I'm fully aware that this going to sound absolutely horrible, but historically I've never had a single ounce of pity for any of my black brothers who were deservedly incarcerated - that's why I refuse to send people letters while they are in jail, periodically visit, or ever plan to attend any hamfisted "Welcome Back" celebrations where I'm pressured to toast a fucking ex-con. Now if you find yourself incarcerated under false pretenses, sure, I will protest, pressure my local congressman, my state senator - your favorite pre-ejaculating scribe will do whatever he has to in order to help blind lady justice right what I feel is an obvious wrong. Other than that, fuck you.

Which reminds me: I know that I shouldn't celebrate a black man going to a state run institution, a place where his chances of having his prostate mercilessly treated like a pinata at least triple - but when I saw this video of Prodigy clumsily praising Ron Paul last week, for the first time in my life I didn't mind another black man about to expand the already packed prison population. OK, maybe I'm injecting a bit of hyperbole here, I really don't wish the brother any harm - but black folks routinely look like a geriatric pair of tits every time they blindly support Ron Paul on some "hey look, I'm different" shit. The guy has unseemly racist ties that I've already pointed to here, and I know that I'm possibly placing the knowledge bar too high for the Queens MC - but every time I'm lectured about Ron Paul from some random black person, I think of that famous Einstein quote: "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." I'm saying, being an independent thinker and "blazing your own trail" is only cool if you already have knowledge about your alternative route - doing otherwise makes you look like, well, Prodigy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic! Your honesty and no holds barred attitude is a breath of fresh air. As for Mobb Deep, I don't know what happened.

As a New Yorker, born and raised (specifically Harlem)I don't get the Ron Paul thing. It's just flat out dumb.

Mobb Deep has fallen off and I am extremely disappointed with them.

hottnikz said...

Great, now I don't feel as guilty. Fuck Prodigy.

BLESSD1 said...

WTF??!!! When that jackass gets out of prison, he won't even be able to vote; he'll be a convicted felon! *Sheesh* Lock his ignant ass up already....

said...

Lady Justice is a ho and whomsoever can put MORE of what the ho wants on her scale.....wins.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

One word -- IGNORANT!!!

I never liked Prodigy and now I really don't.

Anonymous said...

ruthless...and funny as hell.

nofrillz said...

you boys over here are always on point regardless. but your last 2 posts are simply brilliant. especially the hilary/police academy stuff. & it's nice to see someone who agrees with me on this finally. sicklecell or not the guy did wrong.

i linked em both on my blog & recommeded the good people pass through & read up

superb stuff man

Unknown said...

man MObb Deep has made some really wack career movies....