Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bush and the flying shoes



I know that I'm a few days late with this, but I just had to weigh in - especially since my gut reaction to George W Bush almost getting brained by a couple of shoes runs so counter to what everyone else that I know feels about the incident. I mean, for the last eight years I've ranted and raved to the high heavens about Bush's corrupt presidency like everybody else - so much in fact that when John Kerry(A candidate that I wasn't too excited about) lost to Bush, I physically couldn't get myself out of bed for about a week. The last thing you'd expect from someone who wished him both impeachment and to be charged with war crimes is sympathy, but that's exactly the emotion I felt as I saw two shoes go buzzing by our current president's dome. I mean, the guy is the fucking Barney Fife of Commanders in Chief's and I want him evicted from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue as soon as humanly possible - but I just find that sort of blatant disrespect hard to applaud. Yes, Bush is a pair of tits and I hope that the history books see him the same way - but the guy is leaving soon and his approval ratings are in the toilet. That particular display was like seeing a clearly beaten man get kicked in the face by a random bystander, enough. That being said, lets just hope the Secret Service pulls their collective heads out of their asses and reacts to situations faster when Obama is the President. Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Dwayne said...

A-Freakin'-Men. Where in the hell was the secret service? That guy should have never gotten the second shoe of his foot before his teeth were caved in.

Anonymous said...

I couldnt believe that guy was able to reach down to take off the 2nd shoe, let alone throw it. How pathetic is it that the man ive come to loathe is actually receiving sympathy. I despise Bush more than the next guy, but i dont want to see physical harm done to him unless its coming from his cell mate. I cringe thinking about all the horrible shit the Bush adminstraition has gotten away with that we dont even know about.

BLESSD1 said...

I understand what you're saying, HC, but you gotta understand...Bush is responsible for the death's of more than 100,000 Iraqi civilians and the collapse of their way of life as they knew it. The guy hurling the shoes like thunderbolts from Thor wasn't protesting the costs of the Iraqi-War because of American interests, but because of his own country-men's. Still, I appreciate that you placed this view out into the blogosphere.

Rose said...

It's like this, we can talk about our own people but no one else can. That's why people felt bad for Bush. We can be angry, hurt or even want something to happen to him but not by someone else. I do hope Obama don't use those security gaurds.