Monday, March 02, 2009

Janeane Garofalo on "Countdown"



Barack Obama's strategy of taking on Rush Limbaugh and making him the face of the republican party is pretty brilliant, and extremely brash at the same time. It reminds me of how John Madden used to talk about his Oakland Raider's team, on some strictly "We're going to tell you what we're going to do and you still can't stop it" shit. While Rush Limbaugh reiterated his "I want Obama to fail" sentiments at CPAC to an adoring inbred crowd, no one was cheering louder than our Commander in Chief. I'm sure President Obama is disappointed that his opposition is so fucking stupid, but a win is a win I guess. That said, I had to post this clip of Janeane Garofalo on "Countdown" last week where she accurately breaks down the psyche of douchebags like Limbaugh and Michael Steele. By the way, this just strengthens my crush on Janeane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice clip. Janeane is in Melbourne, Australia for a comedy festival at the moment. Her shows are sold out and I'll be going to the last one next Sunday.