Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This just breaks your heart..



As George Bush ate cake with John McCain while Katrina did her damnedest to drown every New Orleans resident that she could get her hands on, I don't know what affected me more today - the heart-wrenching pain in Ms. Henrietta Hughes' voice as she pleaded for help, or the fact that we actually have a president who gives a fuck. One media misconception of Obama, outside of the hamfisted pre-election "He has a Hispanic/poor white person problem" - was that he was cold and aloof, lacking compassion somehow. Not the case at all.

While opponents of the President will clumsily recite the words "..this isn't change you believe in" whenever Barack Obama does something that they don't like - nothing has defined change like the last week. I mean, townhalls where the questions weren't scripted, meeting with 9/11 and USS Cole family members and inviting their criticisms, answering questions from hostile Sean Hannity fans.. If you don't think that the Obama administration is a complete departure from the last 8 years, your simple ass isn't paying attention. Yep, this is the guy I voted for.

4 comments:

Ivan said...

Powerful clip.

I am so proud of my president.

"My president". It still feels so weird to say it.....

MissEbony2U said...

I luv that he is big on communication b/c that will keep our trust in him. Shows that he's not trying to hide anything.

BLESSD1 said...

Yo...I noticed how you chided that punk on the link you provided where President Obama comforted the dental hygenist student. As always, good stuff, HC.

Anonymous said...

Brothaman is smooth as Teddy P sipping Hennessy on stage @ one of his shows back in the 70's. Did ya'll check out the white woman who mouths "I love you." to President Obama after he kissed the woman on the cheek. Fucking phenomenal. If this is what America is gonna be like for the next 8 years then I aint going nowhere. Sometimes when you get over being sick (bush/chaney presidency) it makes you appreciate why it feels good to be alive (Obama presidency).