Friday, August 17, 2007

My daily attempt to resurrect Hip Hop: Brand Nubian - Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down

Brand Nubian - Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down

Add to My Profile | More Videos

As a man about to turn 34 in exactly 2 weeks, I'm well aware of the fact that I should abandon all forms of machismo that results in me introducing the rough side of my hand to someones Adam's Apple. I'm sorry, its just my firm belief that no one is exempt from an ass-whipping - let me explain. I can have disagreements with people and have them all be civil in nature, all in all I'm a pretty even tempered guy - but if a person attempts to cross a line, trespass on some sacred land that is a man's limits, there's no better expression of dissatisfaction than throwing that person a very passionate ass-whipping. Matter of fact, every time I find myself in the middle of some bar-room argument, traffic altercation, etc - this is the song that I hear in the background, Diamond D's horn infested track just provoking me to crack someone in the cranium.

You know, I was invited to be a part of a "Blogger Roundtable" that NPR's "News and Notes" has - its a show hosted by Farai Chideya, a great program that I've been a fan of for some time now. I would love to be a part of that fine program for its "Blogger Round table" - but what if the round table that I'm a part of has another blogger who happened to talk shit about me before on his blog? I can envision the lovely Farai Chideya getting her notes ready before the segment, while I mumble under my breath to said blogger who once dissed me "I'm going to kick you in the chest for that March 3rd, 2005 entry where you vaguely referenced me motherfucker!(pounding my fists) You are actually about to catch a beating on NPR, what do you think about that?" I just don't want to sully that fine show with any random acts of violence against any other bloggers while screaming "Punks Jump Up to get Beat down!" - think they will tell me who will be there before hand?

3 comments:

Josh said...

First time I've seen this video in FOREVER. Not to mention that I just realized that Lord Jamar played Supreme Allah on Oz.

The OE said...

In the interests of National security, slow down sunshine

Amadeo said...

Hells yeah.