Thursday, March 23, 2006

Video of the day. EPMD:You Gots To Chill



I Love this song, not because it is my favorite EPMD song or anything, but it reminds me of the immediate time I knew that I would worship to the alter of Hip Hop until my last days. See, when I was in 10th grade my cousins brought down 3 tapes from New York(for my birthday on Aug 31st) that would change my life forever. Those tapes included Big Daddy Kane's "Long Live the Kane", Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions..", and EPMD's "Strictly Business". Of course I loved Hip Hop before then, but having those three classic albums at the same time intensified my love for the art-form. Even though me and my cousins hardly talk any more, whether it is because of responsibilities or because I'm a horrible relative, I will always be eternally grateful for the best birthday present I have ever received.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I just love anything with Atomic Dog in it. But then, I was a teenager in the '80s ...

Unknown said...

still, I LOVE THE FACT that they are rhyming in an ice factory.... classic

Anonymous said...

Here's a little bit of trivia that you may or may not know about this video:

The dancer with the glasses and box haircut dancing behind E is actor Kadeem Hardison (before he became famous on A Different World)

-- Trent
http://beatsandrants.blogs.com