Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Jesus Camp



This Jesus Camp is as disturbing as any triple penetration video you can show me, its even more troubling than seeing a woman on the business end of a Donkey show. Being raised catholic I have struggled with my faith for as long as I remember, from priests touching little boys or the idiocy of the catholic church claiming that John Kerry can't get into heaven because of his stance on abortion during the 2004 presidential campaign. But I do believe in god, not because of all my botched attempts to passive aggressively end my life, but because he came to me in the form of a white trailer park rapper by the name of Hutch.(I'll explain that one at a later date)

But the part where the kids are praying to a cardboard cut out of George W Bush, what the fuck is that exactly?? But then again it makes sense, just think about all the arguments you have had with loyal Bush supporters. As much as you pound them into the ground with facts, documentation, complete smoking gun evidence, they have a blind faith that just can't be rattled. It's kind of like someone debating the existence of god to me, I don't have any evidence that the man ever existed, just blind faith so to speak. So I understand Bush supporters now, I also understand someone who eats their own fecal matter as well, doesn't mean that I have to find it logical.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! I'm sure these nut jobs see no comparison between themselves and the religious crazies in the Middle East. I'm adding this to my laundry list of annoyances that make me an atheist.

boo said...

im christian but i dont belive in organized religion...i was baptized catholic by my mother but i switched over. JESUS CAMP scares the shit out of me and it is simply un natural for children to have emotions like that. Sure a kid cries when u take their candy, but when you make a child that emotional!!!! thats just sick..i cant watch.

Piscean Princess said...

I keep seeing the poster for this film & I'm scared to see it. I get too mad at stuff.

But, I guess if I can sit through Osama and Capturing The Friedmans, I can at least try to stomach Jesus Camp.

Thanks for the (kinda) review.

Anonymous said...

So with you on the struggling with the catholic upbringing thing...
I haven't seen the clip, but I get so annoyed by stupidity that I wonder if I should bother...

dee goldie said...

the scariest thing about Jesus Camp is that those brainwashed kids are the future of America. SCARY SHIT!