Friday, January 19, 2007

Johnnie Taylor was right, it is Cheaper to Keep her!!!

I was reading my local newspaper the other day and it broke down what Michael Strahan's(NY Giants) wife, Jean Strahan, will get out of their divorce settlement. Jesus Christ, I'm not rich by any means, but based on the tons of shit she received it makes me want to continue having emotionless sex that ends with her rolling her eyes and me slipping her a 50 dollar bill. Here is the breakdown:

From the Virginian-Pilot

Prenup Payment: $7.5 million plus $1.2 million in interest.

Half of all assets:
$6.6 million

House: She can buy the family's $3.6 million "dream house" in Montclair, N.J.,from her husband for $1.4 million

Luxury car: A leased Cadillac Escalade.

Property: She gets half of the money from the sale of 256 pieces of furniture and other property.

Child Support: $214,745 a year, Michael Strahan also must pay 91 percent of the cost of their children's private schooling, camp and higher education fees. She will cover the rest.(What rest?)

Jean Strahan's words as she left the courthouse:(seriously) "I'm going to Disney World.."


That shit alone would make me deposit all of my money, give it to my momma to hide in an attic somewhere, and just do the fucking jail time like a soldier. I can guess the reaction women had as they heard the settlement was...

Women everywhere: "That's right girl, get him for all you can!!"

Black women: "Uh-huh, that's what you get for messing with that white woman!!"

White women: "HumanityCritic, whens that book coming out anyways??"

3 comments:

Lola Gets said...

Im Black, so you know what my comment is, hehehe. But I do wonder, if they had a pre-nup, how on earth did she get all of that other stuff? Seems like dudes lawyer (the pre-nup one) didnt do right by him.
L

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree w/ Lola. I don't think his lawyer did enough to protect him. And how exactly does he have to pay for 91% of the child care bills? That's ridiculous. It's a wonder any of these guys ever get married. They're young and have their pick of the most attractive women, why settle down?

Brown Sugar said...

LOL on the black woman bit. That's the exact thing I was thinking as I read your post. lol.