Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hey HumanityCritic, what in the fuck are you doing with this in your ipod? Madness: "Our House"



This video is probably the only good thing that ever came out of racism, let me explain: No, this group isn't racist and in no way is this song promoting racism, keep your fucking shorts on why don't you. See, for any of you reading this who are around my age range you can remember when MTV didn't play video's by black artists, and when they did it was a strict diet of only Michael Jackson with a side order of Prince. Because of this, it opened me up to a world of music that I probably would have never been exposed to if it wasn't for Mtv's refusal to play prominent black musicians of the time. So instead of my IPOD looking like an eclectic blend of various sounds and genres, it actually looks like I raided a record store, grabbed whatever I could find, and then in a mad panic decided to put said stolen Cd's into my Ipod so I could destroy the evidence. Anyway, based on my constant blabbering Hip Hop, this is one song that would probably make you say: "Hey HumanityCritic, what in the fuck is this doing in your IPOD?" I guess my answer would be, in a De La Soul inspired skit minus the beat-down, "Hey, I kinda like it. I blame Mtv and their racism!!!"

4 comments:

CaffeineDiva said...

For real... I used to love that damn song!
Don't tell anyone, ok?

Anonymous said...

This one is in my ipod...along with tears for fears, inxs and a few other 80s supahstahs

Otis said...

I had a Thursday night musical trivia routine at a local hot wing establishment and won 200 smackers by getting a final question about this song's artist correct.

Denouement...my Pop was wrong, I did indeed learn something from "watching that crap" on tv.

Anonymous said...

I am an 80's baby head...I am 24, but I lke just about every song that came out in the 80's..friends my age think I'm nuts when I sing along...LOL