Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Video of the Day: Hans Soul: "Imagination"



Ladies and Gentlemen, similar to being backed up from eating cheese all day I'm not shitting you, this video here is my version of evidence that their was indeed a shooter in the grassy knoll or Jimmy Hoffa's body, let me explain. This song has been on my mind since the early nineties when it came out, not because it is the best song in the world or anything, but because whenever I would mention this song to fellow Hip Hop aficionado's over the past decade and change, they would look at me like I just defecated a puppy or some shit. It got to the point, and I'm being serious, that I began to think this song was a fucking figment of my imagination based on the respectable Hip Hop minds that claimed that they never heard of Hans Soul. But thanks to Youtube, it just proves that a decrepit old 32 year old chronic masturbator isn't losing his mind after all. The song, a concept that wouldn't fly today, is about a love that isn't based on materialism. Ahh, those were the days, imagine a person telling a woman "I'm a poor man" like Hans Soul does in that song and still expecting her to drop her Lane Bryant's.. Who remembers's this one??

*Sidenote* Charles Barkley is dancing somewhere in this video.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

Damn, do I have to break out my STOMP shoes??? LOL

Unknown said...

he had another joint i think he did with the talking heads that was banging..

Anonymous said...

@Omi...

Was that the "Days Go By" jawn??

Now heads are really takin' me back!

Anonymous said...

I know Hans Soul... He lives in Philly and now is a Christian Hip-Hop artist

FA90NO8 said...

I know thi guy in fact he is an Aplha (A Phi A ) from Temple. I remember this song being played at my home cmming in like 1993 there was also a dance song that I cant remember the title like Bugedy Boo. Around the mid 90's he had a couple of songs he tried to produce his self I cam remember a song called every Ghetto's the same in fact I was on the set for the video. He is on the scene in Philly as mentioned by someone else performing Christian rap (Script Hop) and was an on air personality doing a christian show but I cant remember it going to far,

junior polanco said...

man, I have been looking for anything on hans soul since the internet went pop.lol. for real, there's a 1993 song from him called "that's life" that is SO dope!thanks for posting!