Thursday, May 25, 2006

Weekly Hip Hop Anology: Barry Bonds, Hip Hop, Racism

Last week when I started this segment, I never thought that I would say as many eye-rolling things about Hip Hop over a seven day period. Like I said before, even though I am sincere about my feelings about the genre that I love the most, some times I get tired of hearing myself talk. It's to the point that if somebody belted me in the mouth mid sentence, as I damn near lectured them on my Hip Hop analogies, I would understand their sudden violent outburst. Granted, in retaliation I would try to put their miserable ass through a fucking wall, but I would still understand why they did what they did. Anyway, here is me talking to a stripper while she is grinding on me, explaining the similarities between Barry Bond's critics and Hip Hop critics.

HumanityCritic: "Yeah baby, that's how I like it. I have one massive "chubby". But anyway, like I was saying, the criticism of Barry Bonds and Hip Hop has a familiar theme because certain people use it to mask their racism. For example, there are people out there who don't have a racist bone in their body who have legitimate reasons to dislike Barry, the Balco stuff, the books about him, I respect that. But sadly there is a racist element who just hate Barry for who he is, and they use some of the respectable critiques to mask their racism. Same thing with Hip Hop, people who are totally objective might have legitimate points about the misogyny, the violence, and other respectable points concerning Hip Hop. Problem is, racists like Bill O'Reilly, a guy who is a hat fitting away from being a Klan member, use the same arguments from the objective crowd to mask his overall hatred of black folks. That being said, can you put those titty's in my face."

7 comments:

Piscean Princess said...

Strippers from Va. Beach to Newport News are that much smarter, thanks to you.

Unknown said...

So are the strippers from NYC...

That is if you don't get shot trying to come see us...

Unknown said...

i feel you man... 100%

Anonymous said...

every so often you come to my blog and post an advertisement for your site.

i appreciate the fact that you're trying to get your stats up. trust me, we all try to.

and i dont mind you doing it once. or even twice.

but at this point, stop treating my blog like its a bathroom stall wall where you can write your graffiti.

if you contribute a meaningful comment and want to post your blog - cool. but some standardized generic "Great blog..just passing through.www.nappydiatribe.blogspot.com" commment is really tacky and REALLY disrespectful to the blog owner. its called spam. you dont allow it on your blog. don't do it to others.

respect.
chasin***.livejournal.com

The Humanity Critic said...

"every so often you come to my blog and post an advertisement for your site."

actually I don't, but I'll read on.


"i appreciate the fact that you're trying to get your stats up. trust me, we all try to."

Higher stats are a good thing, no doubt.

"just passing through.www.nappydiatribe.blogspot.com" commment is really tacky and REALLY disrespectful to the blog owner."

Like I told you on your blog, someone has been doing that for months impersonating me. Shit, don't you think I would at least have kept track of the blogs that I did that too if that was indeed me. Plus, even though its a shame that a person spammed you impersonating me, kill all the "I feel disrespected" shit, you didn't get stabbed and no one lit shit on fire on your doorstep. Just fucking erase it, Christ.

"its called spam. you dont allow it on your blog. don't do it to others."

Or what?? Listen, you could have summed up your message with "stop spamming my blog dickhead" and you would have gotten to the point a hell of a lot faster. But you are wrong though, I do allow spam, I let your comment go didn't I??? Now get the fuck on and stop blaming people for shit they didn't do.

Peace.

Jdid said...

true comments on bonds and hip hop

ManNMotion said...

All this focus on strippers is distracting you from many important matters. For example, Paris Hilton announced that she's coming out with a hip hop album and you haven't said word one about it.