Thursday, June 22, 2006

Al Gore interviewed by Mos Def


Get this video and more at MySpace.com

This video has been posted on other websites, but I thought I would share it alongside my commentary because something that Mos Def said at the end of the clip struck me as the unadulterated truth. After interviewing Al Gore, Mos Def says "I'm a big fan of his second act!", a statement that I agree with 100%. I mean, where was that Al Gore 6 years ago, looking comfortable in his own skin, unafraid to talk about global warming even though it doesn't get people's dick hard like "gay marriage".(So to speak) Even though Al Gore says he wished he was president because of the horrible state of affairs that we are in the midst of, I wish he was president as well, I really believe that he is happier than a pig in shit that he isn't the current commander in chief.

I mean, imagine if Al Gore did a 10th of the horrible shit that Bush has done in his term and a half in office. Due to an inept media, weak democrats, a clueless public, and a republican smear machine that once called a man who lost limbs in Vietnam "unpatriotic", Al Gore would be put through the ringer in ways that would make Bush's current treatment seem like a Swedish fucking massage. That being said, I really do hope he decides to run for President, even though he claims he has no intentions of doing so. But I figure, if the dude can be as passionate about running for president as he is about the environment, I expect him to challenge Karl Rove to a fist fight, and refer to republican candidates like Giuliani and McCain as his "bitches". Gore in 08' I say.

7 comments:

MZPEACH said...

Yeah, I heard that too. Loved this interview. Also, it encouraged me to research global warming.

Unknown said...

not to be a harbringer of dread, but we place too much of an emotional investment in him.

Jim said...

He is looking really good, especially compared to the sorry crop of Democratic frontrunners we have now. They're all afraid to say we should stop this horrible fucking mistake we made in Iraq by a certain date. And even with polls showing that most people hate the war!

West said...

Great post. I haven't watched the video, yet, but I agree with what you said.

Anonymous said...

i'm a big fan of both al gore and mos def. they're both articulate individuals with integrity and compassion. a while back, my sister organized a conference at new school university called "fear: its political uses and abuses." gore was the keynote speaker and he was just amazing - confident, articulate and extremely engaging. i hope most of the people in this country have awaken from their slumber and realized what it's gonna take to dig ourselves out of this giant hole. i'm with you... gore in '08!

Jameil said...

he will never win. matter of fact, he will go down harder than he did last time if he tries. the democrats need a new face, meaning one we didn't have to wince at in 04. ridiculously inept. i can't stand either party.

Piscean Princess said...

Thanks for sharing this. I heard the movie was great.