Monday, June 19, 2006

Video of the Day: Jeru the Damaja "Come Clean"



There is nothing like a rap tune detailing the psyche of a fronting ass, gangsta wannabe, that ends with that "Just add water thug" being stuffed inside someones trunk. "Come Clean" is one of those classic beats that makes even the most casual Hip Hop fan nod their head like they were having an epileptic fit to a Premo beat. Not only that, this beat is one of reasons people think that I have a serious mental disorder. Let me explain. Whether I'm in someones car, party, elevator, whatever, whenever I hear that beat I am forced to freestyle regardless of the location like I'm auditioning for the sequel to 8 mile.

3 comments:

MZPEACH said...

Who was that fine brother in the backseat?!
I like this song. I remember it. Never listened to it. My older sister was into this type of rap during one of her many phases....roflmaao.
I liked when he said "I'll rather bust a nut than a cap.."..lol. My type of man!..lol.
Great find. :)

Anonymous said...

Good choice, HC...

This takes me back to when a perfect verse on a tight beat actually mattered in hip hop...

Unknown said...

classic material. he will always be remembered for this joint.