Thursday, June 29, 2006

And the winner of the "Catch a dirty plagiarist Award" is...... Cris2ferJ

Let me explain this for a moment. For the last year and a half, something that many of you will experience possibly, I have had a handful of people plagiarize my writings on their blog and attempt to pass them off as their own. I caught one culprit by accident by simply browsing other blogs, I caught 5 other's by using the site "Copyscape", and random emailers alerting me of said offense are responsible for 12 others that I'm aware of. So, because of a few hits I tracked back off of my stat-counter, I found myself on a message board where someone again tried to pass something off that I wrote as their original work. One of the commentators of this message board called them out, exposing the fraud, and that I am grateful for. So, Cris2ferJ, not only have you won the first "catch a plagiarist of Humanity Critic" Award(bravo), but you have already inspired a contest that will last pretty much forever.

The contest, for those willing to participate goes like this..

*Those who hip me to people plagiarizing my material will not only get*

1. A full length shout out and I will promote the shit out of your blog or any cause you want me to(on this blog that like only 4 people visit and shit),

2.You will also receive a HumanityCritic T-Shirt that I can't seem to give away.(The logo that is on the shirt is below)

So good luck, again I want to thank Cris2ferJ, and for those who don't want a t-shirt with my ugly mug on it I'll just say this: "Stop bitching you ungrateful sons-0f-bitches, it's free!!"

Nappy Diatribe

7 comments:

saga said...

Ain't that a biyotch?! I'm not surprised since you do write your ample a$$ off (er - you can send me my shirt anytime now for that shameless compliment....). Hows-n-ever, I never thought to use copyscape, 'cause I figured none of my 1.3 readers would steal shyt.

*...runs to get copyscape...

fuckgoogle said...

I guess I need to go get copyscape also......and yeah I prolly pass on the shirt, but I'll look out though...lol at your all volunteer nappy detective force....1

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how to get a shirt. If I cant catch anyone thieving, I would still like to be able to rep the site.

Soulfull said...

DAMN! Well HC, you know you are the man when folks are biting you, but shit, wouldn't a link back been a bit more on point? Geez, folks these days... I agree with saga, I'm heading back over to copyscape to grab that code...

sparringK9 said...

humanity critic? i followed over to see how that guy plagerized you....shameless as all get out. but damn, i was not prepared for the blinking headline about what white girls like. i dont think it's true. i noticed that guy didnt speak up after cris2fer busted him. good luck with the copyscape...you have words worthy of protection.

TiffJ said...

That's insane! I will keep my eyes open. I've been trying to keep my own blog from being plagiarized! Some sack-wrangler cut and pasted parts of my MySpace profile onto the comments thread of a gossip site!
Loser.

Piscean Princess said...

Humanity F. Critic is to plagarists as Oprah is to pedophiles.