Friday, September 15, 2006

Hey HumanityCritic, what in the fuck are you doing with this in your ipod? Sublime: "Doin Time"



It's funny, because I usually have a hatred for ska the same way I have a hatred for those Reggaeton "special Olympics" rappers, but I have always had a special place in my heart for these cats from Southern California. Unfortunately, right before they were to release their third album and gain commercial success, singer Brad Nowell died of a heroin overdose after a show in Petaluma, California. Maybe it was their love of weed and alcohol, maybe the story that I heard about them causing chaos after a show on the strength of them printing up hundreds of backstage passes even though they were given a few endeared me to them, or maybe its just the dope music and the realness in Brad's voice, I don't know..

No comments: